Saturday, 7 April 2012

7th April

I skipped part 3 of the evaluation to come back to later, and completed task 4 today. I used a photo  of my friends to show who our target audience. This task was quite easy as we knew who we wanted out target audience to be, but it was hard to explain what I meant. 

Friday, 6 April 2012

6th April

Today I did the second part of the evaluation. For this I used 'The Last Song' as there is a funeral scene in it, so I could compare the similarities and difference between our title sequence and how they represented someone of the same gender and age in a similar situation. 

Tuesday, 3 April 2012

3rd April

Today I finished part one of the 7 part evaluation. I had to start with all the individuals parts on different documents and paste them together once I had finished as the pictures kept causing everything to re-position itself. 
I took the print screens from 'Letters to Juliet', 'Remember Me' and 'New Moon' it took a long time to take the pictures as I had to keep changing the DVD to confirm what I was saying was true. So in the end I made a check list of everything I needed so I could get everything I needed from one film at a time.

This task was relevantly east to do, although it was time consuming. 

Saturday, 31 March 2012

31st March

Today I started to re do the first evaluation task, I used the uploaded main task to take screen shots of the shots I was talking about and then croped them on microsoft work so they just showed our frames and not the surronding screen. Over the easter holdiays I aim to finish an evaluation task every other day in order to meet the approaching deadline. As the task of the title requires me to compare to other films of the same genre, I have chose to focus on 'Letters to Juliet', 'Remember Me' and 'New Moon' in doing this. 

Thursday, 29 March 2012

29th March

Both Amy and I are exceptionally pleased with our final product and what we have achieved over our course work process. Today we exported our final main task title sequence, meaning we had finished our work. I now have next two weeks to finish my evaluation, and alter the first part that I had nearly completed as we changed some areas that I spoke about. Our final deadline is the 16th April, to have all our work complete. 

Wednesday, 28 March 2012

28th March

Lesson 43
Today we were shown a grid on final cut express in which all our titles had to be within, this meant making some final adjustments to the positioning of our titles and then adding who did the editing and the casting. For the main actors we split the title in half so that a name appeared with side of the screen, and we made these larger than the other titles so it was obvious they were the main characters. We had to make sure they were the same size and in the exact same place on opposite sides of the screen. We had some trouble getting the titles to appear at the same place, we figured out we just had to drag the file towards the top of the bottom screen to add another layer to the editing. 

This is all the changes we will be making to our sequence and tomorrow we will export our title sequence and save it for the last time so we can finally upload the finished product. Over the Easter holidays we need to finish the seven part evaluation for the first lesson back, and also add any final touches to our blogs and existing documents. 

Tuesday, 27 March 2012

27th March

Lesson 42
We added the ambient sound we recorded yesterday to the end of our sequence so it went to the end of the titles. It overlapped with our music so we faded the sound so it got louder as the music ended, and we also faded the volume of the music so it gradually got quieter so the ambient sound took over. When we listened to it we noticed as well as the birds and the wind you could also hear a siren for the latter part of the clip. Although this was originally not what we wanted, it enhanced that the girl had died and suggested that it was possible due to a tragic accident, which might be revealed if the film carried on. 

After we had finally finished the sound, we applied the titles to our film. As we had slightly altered our sequence some of the titles could no longer go where we planned so we had to re-position them. We used live type to position out titles to the correct part of the screen, and made them the right size. 

After we had made all the titles, we transferred the titles to our sequence and added a simple cross dissolve to the start and end of them, to make the transition between them soft and slow. We ensured all the tiles were 00:03:19 in length, so they remained for the same amount of time and didn't linger for more than necessary. 

We finally thought we had finished the whole task. Was asked out teacher to watch the whole thing, and give us any improvements. It came to his attention that we has missed some vital titles such as the editor (Amy and myself) and that as we had used the same font throughout, the impact was taken away from the title itself. Considering this, we went back and changed the fonts of all the other titles to something more simple, we tried a few fonts, and then decided on 'apple gothic' as it was not written in calligraphy but was still soft and curvy. 

I think we achieved a lot in today's lesson, and although we were hoping to finish it entirely, we made good progress. We will re watch it tomorrow and make sure there are no final changes to make, after this we can save it as a proper video file.